Wednesday, February 26, 2014

How to dilute.....

The Famous Old Monk Rum


This happened in Ghaziabad. Neighbour and me planned to have a drink together.  So we bought half a bottle rum, some snacks (we Indians call it sides), a Thums up - 300ml bottle - not yet the PET 500ml days.


Our little party started one evening at his place and when it finished,  we still wanted some more. I had a quarter at my place- emergancy quota you see. I went home and brought it


But alas we realised we didn't have any Thums up or even water to mix it with.



Bah..






It was late, around 11 PM peak winter and other neighbours were all asleep plus all shops closed.

So we 'do bechare' 2 poor souls sit at our door step looking for options. Just then a pani puri - golguppa to some, fella passes by. After the days, business he is returning home. He too does not have any water

but wait







He does have pani (masala water) he dishes out with puri.

He gives us a jugful and I, for the first and last time in my life,  have rum with pani puri pani........

No comments:

Post a Comment